Johan E. Pettersson founded Hörle Tråd & Formstiftfabrik in 1917. Using the innovation of electricity and in the true spirit of enterprise that Småland is renowned for, the company made hooks and eyes and barbed wire. In the 1920s the company was bought by the Edwin H. Thomée company, which changed its name to Hörle Tråd och Spikfabrik. Wire nails, bright and galvanized iron wire, rolled iron strip, square mesh fencing and hexagonal wire mesh were produced and supplied to local industry.
Since year 2000 Hörle Wire is a part of Liljedahl Group. In 2006 the company expands through the acquisition of a company in Slovakia which becomes Hörle Wire s.r.o. In the year of 2014 Huesecken Wire GmbH in Germany also becomes a part of the Hörle Wire Group.